There is a long established patient participation group for both health centres which meets three times a year. Theobjectives of the group are:
- To enable doctors, staff and management to meet with and listen to the views and opinions of a balanced cross-section of Health Centre users
- To help the Health Centres interpret patient opinion survey results and develop improvement action plans.
- To help the Health Centres prioritise funding and options for improvements.
- To help the Health Centres communicate and implement changes.
- To support and assist with establishing a league of friends as a registered charity. The league would compliment the work of local patient support groups and oversee initiatives to raise funds to purchase medical equipment, facilities and items which might help improve the education and/or comfort of patients, carers and/or the healthcare team
Please feel free to contact local PPG members. They are keen to hear from you if you have any issues (good or bad!) regarding the Health Centres and the services provided which you might like them to raise and/or discuss at their quarterly forum meetings.
Anne Budd 01803 872394 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Bill Barnes 01803 813128 or email@example.com
Peter Chapman 01626 361758 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Eric Collar 01626 333375
Ian Cooper 01803 872926
Lesley Hocking email@example.com
Ursula Hunt firstname.lastname@example.org
Peter Kerr 01803 812550
Peter Lister email@example.com
Brian Mackness 01626 356004 or firstname.lastname@example.org
David Miller email@example.com
David Ritchie firstname.lastname@example.org
Seona Wilson 01803 814359 (Ipplepen Health Centre only please)
They are also displayed in the waiting rooms of both health centers. If you are interested in volunteering to join the forum please contact Sonia Cartwright, Managers Assistant (email@example.com). We are always short of teenagers and young parents!